The annual Egg Hunt & Spring Party scheduled for Saturday, March 28th has been cancelled due to the coronavirus and the CDC guidelines for large events and mass gatherings. The safety of our residents is of the utmost importance to us. We are monitoring the situation closely.
The best way to prevent the spread of illnesses, such as COVID-19, seasonal flu, and other respiratory viruses and germs, is to practice everyday preventive actions, including:
- Get a flu vaccine.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow CDC's recommendations for using a facemask:
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).